The modernized Galil ACE is based upon the reliable mechanism of the original Galil rifle first developed by IMI in the late 1960’s. Drawing inspiration from the legendary Russian AK-47 and the Finnish Valmet RK 62, the IWI Galil ACE has been continuously improved over the last 40 years, resulting in today’s extremely reliable and highly accurate Galil ACE.
Improvements made since the original Galil was first developed include:
- Charging handle (reciprocating) moved to the left side of the milled steel receiver allowing for weak hand operation
- AKM/AK-47 magazine compatibility. (Note that the Galil ACE rifle is assembled in the US from imported and US parts under 18 U.S.C § 922(r). You should only use magazines made in the USA in your Galil ACE rifle. Use of an imported magazine may put you in violation of 18 U.S.C § 922(r).)
- Weight reduction with the use of modern polymers
- Full length 2-piece Picatinny style top rail
- Picatinny style tri-rail forearm with built in, slide on/ off rail covers
- Side Folding adjustable telescoping buttstock with 2 position removable comb on all rifle models
- Fully adjustable iron sights with Tritium front post
Closed rotating bolt, Long stroke gas piston
MAGPUL MOE AK/AKM PMAG
Chrome lined, Cold hammer forged, CrMoV
34.5″ (Buttstock Unfolded and Collapsed)
7.5 lbs w/out Magazine
1:9.45 inch twist, Right hand
Adjustable with Tritium front post and 2-dot Tritium rear aperture.